Announcement: I’m negotiating for dance floor space for 3 new cruises. I’ll post them as soon as I get the go-ahead from the cruise lines.
1) Nov 19-29, 10 day southern Caribbean, on Princess, from/to Fort Lauderdale.
2) Dec 28-Jan4, 2014, 7 night Mexican Rivera on Holland America, from/to San Diego.
3) Mar 16-22, 2014, 7 night Mexican Rivera on Holland America, from/to San Diego.
MDC was featured on “The Price Is Right” Showcase, in March 2012 & again in 2013.
We aim to respond to all e-mails within 24 hrs. Please contact us again, if you do not hear back soon. Adding your phone # would be a great help. We will call only if our email acknowledging your contact is returned to us as undeliverable. Emails bounce back to me frequently due to the inquirer inputting typos in their email address. We will not spam you or ever give out your contact info.
Let’s be upfront & direct:
Every Dance Cruise Promoter adds an admin fee to cover their expenses, so they can continue providing dance cruise vacations. The fee may be added to the quoted Cabin Rate or lumped in with the Taxes & Port Fees. When you compare, please compare apples to apples.
1. I pass on to my dancers, the exact rate the cruise lines quote me + my markup. I get the best prices for bookings 6 + months in advance. Once we get inside 90 – 100 days, the cruises lines take back the rooms that do not have a name and deposit. We lose the group rate and have to quote their retail rate. That rate may change from week to week as each category fills up.
2. MDC’s markup is $250. This covers all our fixed monthly advertising costs, the cabins for instructors/hosts & several admin expenses existing in the background. Our markup is on the low end of like cruises.
3. If you really want to make your own arrangements, go ahead. just send me a $350 check, per person. Be sure to request, through the cruise line, dining at the same time as our group. You will not be eligible for the “group amenities” provided at my expense.
- Click on any of the trips listed under Active Cruises, in the right sidebar for detail (this section is under repair – Only the Aug 2013 Alaskan Cruise is good to go All others are being updated).
- Prices are for the cruise expenses only. Airfares not included.
- All skill levels welcome, from brand new dancers to advanced dancers. We always have a nice mix.
- We provide professionally certified dance instructors who teach all the Smooth, Latin & Club dances.
- True gentlemen dance hosts are provided for the unaccompanied ladies. We strive for a 1-3 ratio of hosts. Last minute sign-up may reduce that goal.
- You must sign-up through Moonlight Dance Cruises to participate in our workshops and private social dances.
- Your deposit locks in your price! Cruise lines start raising prices as we get inside the 90 day window.
- We strive for a combined 20 + hours of workshops and private dances – subject to the ship’s approval.
Join our e-mail club and we will send you information about all of our cruises. If you do not hear back from me within 24 hours, pleases resubmit! Occasionally we respond but the email bounces back, because the provided email address had a typo.
For your convenience: we accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover & American Express credit Cards.
(Please see our Policies Tab regarding credit card processing fee (3%) & cancellations.) We recommend checks but allow for transit time.
Or, if you wish, print out a registration at home and mail it in with a check. Checks from outside the US must be drawn in US funds. (Our bank puts a 6-8 week hold on non-US $$ checks!)
Creating dream vacation cruises to: Alaska, Hawaii – West & East US coasts – Mexico – Caribbean – Europe -Mediterranean – Australia – New Zealand – South America.
I know everyone has their favorite cruise line. And we can book on Carnival, Celebrity, Holland, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and other smaller lines.
Our biggest challenge is to get the cruise line to commit to us * 20+ hours * reserved for private functions * like our workshops and dances, * on adequate dance floors.
From bad experiences, I no longer post a booked cruise on my website – until I get a written commitment that meets our requirements. Every line will book me on a cruise but those group phone reps have no way of knowing if I can actually get the time and space we require to have a cruise. I’ve booked and then cancelled several cruises – space was not available.
The biggest dances floors are usually permanently committed to important “ship’s activities” such as art auctions, bingo, karaoke and zumba. Hence, not available to dance cruise groups such as MDC. One recent line offered only a club space with a marble floor. I declined. Carnival changed their smoking policy in 2011 that allowed smoking in “Lounges” with dance floors. I will no longer book on Carnival until that asinine smoking policy is removed. I won’t dance where smoking is permitted nor will I ask you to.
If you are a certified ballroom dance teacher in the Smooth, Latin & Rhythm & Club Dances – Please call regarding our Commission Sharing Program for your referrals. And, if you have an idea for mutual collaboration – please contact me.
Links to Facebook – Check in and Say “Hi”!
|Moonlight Dance Cruises||Dan’s Classic Ballroom|
CLIA member since 2010.